Subject: Re: [Coco] more libs
From: "Stephen H. Fischer" <[email-masked]>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:02:15 -0700
List-Id: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco.maltedmedia.com>

Hi,

SHF79.zip has old copies of the "C" Libraries split up.

I needed to do this because the "abort" function had an error.

When the "core" file is written the first byte is omitted.

I am unable to determine if the "abort.a" included has this fix.

"abort.ed01" I expect does have this fix.

The problem is when you are looking at a "core" dump the addresses differ 
from the load map by one (1). This really messes up your mind that is 
already messed up trying to find variables using the "C" Compiler output and 
the load map and looking at hex values for floats!

YES I have looked at many "core" dumps in my life, most were dumps of ACTUAL 
core memory.

Putting the libraries back together I think I did with Shellplus commands 
and "OS9Gen".

"OS9Gen" is a merge program with the names of files on stdin and writing of 
track 34. Do this trick on a floppy that has track 34 written and OS9BOOT 
deleted.

--------------------------

I STRONGLY suggest that anyone using NitrOS-9 download "VDIR" understand and 
use it.

I am using it a lot and "MCList.s" will make use of it's ability to load the 
shell sub variables thus expanding the number of variables from ten (10) to 
twenty (20).

It was my first upload to Delphi and is on RTSI as well as my webpage.

--------------------------

My Webpage:

http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer1/

I have removed the CIS indexes as they have been moved out of "incoming" on 
maltedmedia.com.

SHF

--
Coco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco